Some Call it Slate, Some Call it Blue, I Call it Beautiful
November 12, 2018
All of us have been oohing and aahing over a new sectional that just arrived. It has a decidedly modern yet traditional silhouette with its sloping side arms and luxurious, comfortable sit.
It is the perfect fit for those of you who have a more traditionally styled home but are desiring a more current look and feel to your home. What makes it even more special is its richly colored fabric. Some call it slate, some call it blue, but I simply call it beautiful.
Slate is actually a fabulous neutral option. Yes, I say neutral with a big personality. Just like in your wardrobe, a deep blue jacket is a wardrobe staple that pairs easily with crisp whites, blacks, and other contrasting colors.
What I like about this grey-toned fabric with its blue undertones is that it's an earthy color that creates a warm and cozy look. It is sophisticated yet playful all at once. Slate also works great with many accompanying colors and its look can change depending on what other colors surround it.
The sofa above is in the same fabric but feels completely different. Fabulous, right? This deep hue is a magical color that is reminiscent of the evening hours of midnight. Elegant and timeless.
Other reasons to think about this option in your home?
- It creates a sense of calm! The color blue triggers the release of calming hormones in the brain, making it the best color for relaxation and studying.
- Blue is favored by men. Yes, blue is the favorite color of many people and it is the color preferred by most men. Blue evokes a feeling of authority, trust and a sense of calm. The gentlemen in your life are gonna love it!
- Hues of blue are known to make you more productive. We all could use a bit more of that, right? Research has actually shown us to be more productive in a room with a little blue.
- This color pairs perfectly with white. This is one color combination that will remain timeless for decades to come.
- Blue with a touch of black is so edgy. Black gives the classic blue-and-white combination a bit of drama and edge. So good!
Of course, this is just one of the fabulous upholstery options that we offer at K. Renee for your comfort and pleasure. And the best part? Our fabrics are not only beautiful and comfortable but many of our selections are 100% polyester, Sunbrella, and Crypton fabrics which should provide you with peace of mind on ease of care and durability. These kinds of fabrics are perfect for high-energy homes with kids and pets. Both of our Sunbrella and Crypton performance fabrics are durable, stain-resistant and easy to clean, offering you luxury, that’s also worry-free.
You shouldn't have to give up on inspiring and inviting interiors for fear of fabrics! We are here to help you create beautiful interiors that are made for living and without worry!
Can you believe that Thanksgiving is just around the corner? I can't! If you are hosting a celebration during the upcoming holiday season and want to WOW your guests with an artisan cocktail or two, then Thursday nights School of Style event might be perfect for you to attend!
The Beard Behind The Bar will be in the house to show you what to mix up! And the rest of the style team will be discussing holiday entertaining and decorating. Rumor has it that our holiday tree will be up (which we never do until after Thanksgiving.) It will be a festive way to kick start the season.
Have a fabulous week!!